We can resize any bands and rings with stones in our onsite workshop. First we will conduct all the necessary measurements, then we will assess if there is any risk of damage. Once this stage has been completed we pass the ring to our onsite workshop where our skilled and experienced craftsmen perform the required changes using our professional calibrated equipment.
As part of this service we will clean the ring, removing dirt and grime, finishing with a nice polish or rhodium plating depending on the metal of the ring.
Once all the above has been completed we will contact you to come in and try the new fitting to make sure it is perfect.
Our ring sizing service usually takes between 3 to 5 working days but can be completed on the same day for a small surcharge. We will keep you up to date with the entire process.
Measuring Your Ring Size From Home
Ideally you should be sized by our professional jewellers using our ring sizer. However if you need a rough guess-timate you can use our home remedy below.
See our step by step instructions to measure your finger. Remember it'll only give you an approximate size to establish your ring size. Pop in to see us for a completely accurate measurement go to a jeweller and have your finger sized precisely.
- Find a piece of floss, cotton or string. Anything you can wrap around your finger.
- Wrap it around the base of the finger you want to wear the ring on.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
- Flatten the string (or whatever you used to measure your finger with) and with a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
- Use the chart below to determine your UK ring size.
For the closest reading for your ring size using this method its best measure the finger at the end of the day when the finger is the largest. Also to bear in mind are:
Make sure the string you measure out slides off fairly easily over the knuckle. You don't want to have the ring stuck on your finger
Don't measure cold fingers, your fingers shrink when they are cold. Like wise when it's warm, fingers swell in hot weather or after doing something that makes you warm.
DIY RING MEASUREMENT CHART
|UK Measurement||Ring Measurement (mm)|
Browse our full ring size chart for more measurements